Monday, February 3, 2014

The Woman Behind the Blog: 10 Facts

Ten things about the woman behind the words
  • Calling myself a woman and not a girl is intimidating. 
  • I've had a minimum wage job exactly once and for about five minutes. I quit and went on to something with a higher pay grade. I have worked a job for less than minimum wage. (See below.) 
  •  When I was 13, my dad's company paid me 5 dollars an hour to spread straw for erosion control at their development site. I used that money to buy my own clothes, help pay for my driver's training fees, and pay for a missions trip to Mexico. 
  • I spent my 20th birthday in Las Vegas as the keynote speaker at an Allstate Convention. 
  • When I was being baptized, I slipped down the steps and shrieked. My friends told me they knew it was me because they saw my hair flying.
  • When I was nine, I stepped on a horseshoe nail that was in the swamp. I used the resulting tetanus shot to climb as many barbed wire fences as I wanted throughout the rest of my childhood.
  • I've never been thin and I never will be. I'm completely fine with that. I do, however, like being fit. 
  • I'm really not sure what color my eyes are. Someone tell me!
  • When I was six, I wanted to grow up and be Scarlett O'Hara. Three husbands, et al. 
  • My girlhood dream was to be a flower girl. Since I never got to be one, I made sure to put lots of little girls in my wedding. 
This is what I look like while blogging: ethereal with a gigantic nose

No comments:

Post a Comment