Friday, March 7, 2014

The Future


The Best F Words

I filled out a graduation exit survey today. My left hand tapped a keyboard, occasionally writing a brief comment about my school. (Needlessly expensive.) My right hand supported my nursing one month old.
Five years ago,  I could never have fathomed that I'd be graduating from an online program, married, with a newborn, or student loan free. Never. I thought I would have student loans, that I would have graduated a few months earlier. I might have imagined that I would be married to Stephen, but I couldn't have imagined our cozy home or blessed life. And the tiny, innocent life entrusted into my care? Never.

And yet we plan for the future. We hope. We dream. The future exists in a foggy neverland, one that we can only imagine, but there's no map for it. Each person's future is an unchartered frontier that needs to be pioneered. We equip ourselves with tools, tools like plans. Our plans built from stone, but are malleable clay, waiting to change their shape and emerge as beautiful future sculptures.

Today, I'm participating in a fun Friday Favorite F Word link up by the lovely Lauren (staying with the alliteration theme) and our motif: future.

My goals for the frontier of the future:

  • Graduate college, and graduate debt free. Yes, it's happening in a few weeks, but it's still a goal!
  • Support Stephen in his career, current and future. After all, support is one of the amazing parts of being married, right!
  • Earn a teaching credential and begin my own career. 
  • Teach Landon how to read, think, and litany of other things I get teach him and watch him to discover.
  • Learn how to better love and serve people. It's no struggle to love and serve my family, those I love, or those who are kind to me. But I want to learn how to better love and serve others, those I don't know, and those who aren't necessarily kind.
I had to change my comment policy for the time being, so my sincere apologies to those of you who will be affected by this policy. If you see this via facebook or IG, leave a comment there!




No comments:

Post a Comment